How to Do Business in the Global Market
Like most challenges you have faced in your home market, with effort and flexibility, you can win. While it is true that doing business internationally has its own set of ladders to climb (and snakes to skid down), there are countless rewards in a world market that is exploding in demand for imaginative and innovative products. If the rewards were not there, nobody would risk doing it and every day we see new small and medium firms taking the leap...because that is where the growth is.
How do you go about doing business in the global market?
1. Do your research of your target market. Check the internet. You'll get ideas of firms in your target markets that are looking for products and partners.
2. Find businesses and organizations in your area already working in your target market. Meet with them and get their ideas and their assessment of the market there. Ask for tips and contacts.
3. Check out your competitors in your home market. See if you have complimentary products that might further expand both companies markets.
4. Ask your country's embassy for help. There is a trade section in most embassies and they are often very helpful. They can even organize meetings for you with their own contacts.
5. In your immediate community, are there people who have lived there before, came from there or who have worked there before. Get their ideas and contacts.